Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chevelle Discussion WTF?
ETD66SS Wrote:Ah interesting, here I am a Chevelle guy trying to get into Mopars someday Smile

Here is my '66 Chevelle project for those who may be interested: https://imgur.com/a/v2PHi#0 (Tons of pictures not really in any order sorry)
Damn, that's a nice car! You've got some time and money in that one. Milage shows just shy of 30,000?
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

ETD66SS Wrote:Ah interesting, here I am a Chevelle guy trying to get into Mopars someday Smile

Here is my '66 Chevelle project for those who may be interested: https://imgur.com/a/v2PHi#0 (Tons of pictures not really in any order sorry)

Beautiful Chevelle you got there.. I like the pre-68 models myself...

As for the post, on April 1 I changed the name of the site to the Chevelle Forum... Smile
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

My '66 Chevelle is a real SS 138 VIN code car. It came from Fremont California with the smog equipment, 360 HP 396, 4 spd Muncie M20 transmission. It was originally a Lemonwood Yellow car with a black Vinyl top. I am performing a frame off restoration and painted the car a 1970 Buick GSX color called Saturn Yellow, and will not put a vinyl top back on it. The car currently has a LS6 crate engine with about 490 HP and 510 ft-lb of torque (previous owner had it built for racing, dyno'ed, etc), centerforce clutch with a Muncie M20 supercase. I do have the original numbers matching engine, transmission and rear axle, maybe someday I will build the original drivetrain and put it back in the car to make it fully #'s matching.

As far as Mopar's, I have always wanted a 1969 SuperBee. If I can't find/afford one of those, I am considering a 71-72 Charger Rallye.

I do have a Coronet question. What exactly is the difference between a WM21 and a WM23 car? I don't see a post on either body???
Current Restoration Project: https://imgur.com/a/v2PHi#0
Reply Purge Spammer

What was the purpose of the carb sitting offset like this pic of Richards engine? [Image: 1967ChevelleSS3966-engineview1.jpg%7Eoriginal]
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Quote:Milage shows just shy of 30,000?

I have a brand new speedometer, the odometer is at all 0's. I don't recall what the old odometer had on it off the top of my head, but it was well over 30k.
Reply Purge Spammer

ETD66SS Wrote:My '66 Chevelle is a real SS 138 VIN code car. It came from Fremont California with the smog equipment, 360 HP 396, 4 spd Muncie M20 transmission. It was originally a Lemonwood Yellow car with a black Vinyl top. I am performing a frame off restoration and painted the car a 1970 Buick GSX color called Saturn Yellow, and will not put a vinyl top back on it. The car currently has a LS6 crate engine with about 490 HP and 510 ft-lb of torque (previous owner had it built for racing, dyno'ed, etc), centerforce clutch with a Muncie M20 supercase. I do have the original numbers matching engine, transmission and rear axle, maybe someday I will build the original drivetrain and put it back in the car to make it fully #'s matching.

As far as Mopar's, I have always wanted a 1969 SuperBee. If I can't find/afford one of those, I am considering a 71-72 Charger Rallye.

I do have a Coronet question. What exactly is the difference between a WM21 and a WM23 car? I don't see a post on either body???
WM21 is a 2 door post car and the WM23 is a Hardtop, (no post)!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Racer Brown Wrote:WMK21 is a 2 door post car and the WM23 is a Hardtop, (no post)!

Yeah, I got that part, was Googling many pics of Coronets and had a hard time seeing the difference.
Reply Purge Spammer

67r/t4speeder Wrote:What was the purpose of the carb sitting offset like this pic of Richards engine? [Image: 1967ChevelleSS3966-engineview1.jpg%7Eoriginal]

Big block chev motors had unequal head and intake manifold port lengths / volumes. Due to unequal fuel delivery. It was common to do staggered jetting in carb to help compensate. Hooker headers made a special set of super stock headers with some primary tubes different sizes to also help with this. For the factory dual plane manifolds... some guys would cut out part of the plenum partition in a attempt to equal air fuel mixture across intake ports. At the end of all our trying many combinations. We ended up with leaving the plenum partition in .... and then we would just add a 1 inch carb spacer. I kept the staggered headers to work along with the dual plane intake. For the class's that allowed non stock intake manifolds ... The single plane twisted torker manifold was one of the ways Edelbrock helped to solve some of this unequal fuel problem. They made a little more power higher up in the rpm range too.
Reply Purge Spammer