Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Badge Kit
I received my badge kit yesterday. I had sent it out to a place in Florida to get a quick dip.
Originally I had sent this company my trunk "DODGE" plate. Unfortunately it was a longer piece than they were able to dip. Rather than send me the item back, they took the time to source someone who could do the work for me. Great customer service in an industry that from my experience, does not usually have great customer service.

When it came time to get my badges dipped, they were the first place I contacted.
I did not have them do anything except remove old paint and dip the items. They did a pretty nice job I think. Took just over a month to complete at a cost of $425.

This is the before picture. I had tried to clean them up and paint them but they really did not turn out well.

[Image: DSC_3759_zps22ab2d03.jpg]

Now that they have new shine, I will most likely black out the inner portion of the "Coronet" letters and call it good.

[Image: DSC_4414_zps4780df52.jpg]

The name of the company is:

"Custom Cast & Chrome"
1419 Chaffee DrTitusville, FL 32780
(321) 267-4421
Reply Purge Spammer

Those look outstanding! Thanks for the tip on the great business.
Reply Purge Spammer

What difference
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Those look great. So what you had were good clean one to start? And they just cleaned the old paint off? Do you know if they polished them?

Those hood letters look outstanding.

I'd love to know what they actually did to them.

Was anything rechromed?
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

ws27 Wrote:Those look great. So what you had were good clean one to start? And they just cleaned the old paint off? Do you know if they polished them?

Those hood letters look outstanding.

I'd love to know what they actually did to them.

Was anything rechromed?

All of the items were re-chromed. I did not ask them to do any filing or bring them up to show quality. The request was to simply remove any old paint, etc. - give them a quick once over and re-dip them so that they have a little shine to them.
Its very hard to take photos of all chrome pieces (at least for me). in person you can see defects on the letters on the inside of the curves, etc. but overall I am very happy with how they came out.
Here is the before picture of the letters.

[Image: letters_zps5f31b654.jpg]
Reply Purge Spammer

Wow they sure do look shiney new!! My car still has the old dealer tag on it that says "Reedman" HUGE dealership in langhorn PA so Im keeping that!!
Everyone went there for their cars . I might send that to these guys and redo it. Very nice job!!

NICE! Those pieces really do POP!
Reply Purge Spammer

stamm321 Wrote:All of the items were re-chromed. I did not ask them to do any filing or bring them up to show quality. The request was to simply remove any old paint, etc. - give them a quick once over and re-dip them so that they have a little shine to them.
Its very hard to take photos of all chrome pieces (at least for me). in person you can see defects on the letters on the inside of the curves, etc. but overall I am very happy with how they came out.
Here is the before picture of the letters.

[Image: letters_zps5f31b654.jpg]

They really did a nice job.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer