Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vin tag location
where is the vin tag supposed to be located on a 65 coronet?
Reply Purge Spammer

Welcome to the DCR spdmstr,

As on my 1966 Coronet 500, your 1965 Coronet's V.I.N. tag should be located on the drivers side front "A" pillar down in between where the door hinges are located and just above where the interior light switch is located on the lower "A" pillar. It should be roughly 1" wide by 3" tall and have a polished finish unless it's been painted over at some point.

Richard

[Image: 1966Coronet500-Nov20086.jpg~original]
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

And in 65 they were only spot welded and they tended to rust underneath and fall off.
67 Coronet 500 - 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
Owned Since 1981

Daughter's Car
67 Coronet 500 Street Car with AC
13.300 @ 101.75 mph

69 GTX clone - build in progress........
Reply Purge Spammer

markz Wrote:And in 65 they were only spot welded and they tended to rust underneath and fall off.

I always though they were glued, so that explains them falling off. Thanks Mark.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Damn Richard, you got electric windows??? Was that an option or did you add those? Or are those not electric window switches I be seeing?
66 Coronet 500 convertible 440,727,2500 stall,was 430 hp, we ain't got a clue now, just get in and enjoy the rumble
Reply Purge Spammer

honcho Wrote:Damn Richard, you got electric windows??? Was that an option or did you add those? Or are those not electric window switches I be seeing?

Hello Todd,

Yes sir, electric windows were an extra cost option on the 1966 and 1967 Coronets and yes sir, my 1966 Coronet 500 did come from the factory with them. Smile

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Are the motors holding out ok? Have you had to overhaul them or do they repop them? Man I did not know that was an option,how cool is that!!! Sorry to highjack thread.
66 Coronet 500 convertible 440,727,2500 stall,was 430 hp, we ain't got a clue now, just get in and enjoy the rumble
Reply Purge Spammer

Those who own the 1969 and 1970 B-Body cars with the redesigned factory electric window systems have it somewhat easier as more parts are available for those cars, but for those of us who own the 1966 through 1968 cars which use the same parts and the 1965 and earlier cars which use different parts, there is only what's left of the factory n.o.s. parts supply left to fight over. The electric motors on all of the cars are usually the least of an owners worries as they are fairly well made and similar in design over the years, but for the 1966 through 1968 cars, the poorly designed electric window switches are a completely different story as they cause the most grief due to the fact that nobody repops them and they are difficult to rebuild once they go bad due to their design and lack of any parts to restore them. It's very common to see the 1966-1968 n.o.s. 4 gang drivers door switches go for hundreds of dollars on the rare occasion they become available and the 1966-1968 n.o.s. single gang switches that are used on the other three windows will set you back several hundred dollars as well if you can find them.

To be perfectly honest Todd, after all of the time and money that I've spent over the years looking for and purchasing spare parts for my car, I'd never buy another pre 1969 model with electric windows again due to the poorly designed window switches and a total lack of aftermarket parts to keep them operating properly. :p

Richard
Reply Purge Spammer

Yea I sorta thought they would be poorly designed,technology wasn't there at the time as it is now. It is still cool to know they put them in cars that early!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dash mounted reverse lamp mounting location? hunt2elk 1 2,370 01-25-19, 04:47 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  seatbelt location on bucket seats alang 4 3,643 10-11-15, 08:00 AM
Last Post: badmopar67