Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
67440Dodge got me in BIG Trouble!
I asked 67440Dodge (Mike) to look at a car for me and this is what he made me buy!

In all seriousness, I can't thank Mike enough for his efforts, time and guidance. He looked at a car for me in person and then reviewed several others for me. Worst case, he saved me time and effort of traveling long distance to look at garbage. At best he helped me prevent buying a mistake.

So this is the result! My future street/strip car (68 Plymouth Satellite) for my daughters to race (not trying to kid anyone - for me to race also) but be able to drive to the track when I trailer my race car. Plan is to build it to go safely 10.0 but put a 12 second motor in it for now. Will take the motor out of my daughter's 67 Coronet 500 and put it in the Plymouth and put the Coronet back to stock. Coronet is a rust free California car. With the Plymouth I will have a rust free car with a reasonable new paint job and will build the car the way I want - not getting anyone else's hack work. And yes, it will cost me more than if I bought a complete car, but......

Not sure of all the details yet - may badge it as a GTX. It is a SC car and pretty solid - yeah so its missing a quarter panel! Big Grin

Bought it from my resto guy. Kid was gonna make an auto cross car out of it but has no money. Resto guy bought it from the kid for me but he is just a pass through - has a clean title.

Target is go get it back to me early spring with a roll bar (6 or 8 point - need to decide if I want the rear seat in it or not), painted white, new headliner, dash and windows installed. Not sure who puts suspension in and I take it from there. Goal is to get it down the track by the end of 2015.

It is an original vinyl roof car. Do I put a black vinyl roof on it or not?

Am I an idiot????Banging Gears

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

67 Coronet 500 - 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
Owned Since 1981

Daughter's Car
67 Coronet 500 Street Car with AC
13.300 @ 101.75 mph

69 GTX clone - build in progress........
Reply Purge Spammer

Have fun!
Reply Purge Spammer

Congrats Mark.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Hey, it was a choice between this and those Camaro's you kept having me look over for you!!
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Ouch!
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday 67440Dodge! thebankerstoy 13 1,439 10-20-22, 10:46 PM
Last Post: markz