Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to change the carbs
May have to buy new outboard carbs. F------CK! This is the bane of my existance!
Reply Purge Spammer

I always heard one of the first modifications a 6 pack owner did to their cars was remove the 6 pack setup...
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Mike cracks me up. I love my six pack! The drivability is awsome and it's virtually maintaince free once you get it set up. I've had a 6 pack on all of my Mopars since 1975 except on my Hemi Bee. I was even thinking of putting one one that! The first 6 pack I owned is still in service on my 70 road runner that I sold to my brother. There is not much to go wrong with the out boards except gaskets and possible problems if someone messed with the air idle screws that are plugged off.
Reply Purge Spammer

JOE!! You're back from the Ukraine!! Smile

Joe mama Wrote:Mike cracks me up. I love my six pack! The drivability is awsome and it's virtually maintaince free once you get it set up. I've had a 6 pack on all of my Mopars since 1975 except on my Hemi Bee. I was even thinking of putting one one that! The first 6 pack I owned is still in service on my 70 road runner that I sold to my brother. There is not much to go wrong with the out boards except gaskets and possible problems if someone messed with the air idle screws that are plugged off.
X2 I have had the same 6 pack on my car for over 20 years.
What is it that engine is doing or not doing that makes you think this?
If your friend Jack helped you off a horse....... Would you help your friend Jack off a horse?
Reply Purge Spammer

67440Dodge Wrote:I always heard one of the first modifications a 6 pack owner did to their cars was remove the 6 pack setup...
No the first thing the "dumbass" 6pack owners did was remove the vacuum secondary and install mechanical linkage. I could never understand why. My car runs 11.60's with a pack on it.
The only changes are lighter secondary springs and a little more jet in the center carb.
If your friend Jack helped you off a horse....... Would you help your friend Jack off a horse?
Reply Purge Spammer

I put a 6 pack set up on my old RR and to this day the guy that owns the car still has them on, no problems!! I do kind of agree with Mike, 1 carb,1 problem, 2 carbs, 2 problems, etc!!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

ok.. let me set the record straight here..

I've never owned a six pack setup.. when they came out, I was just finishing up the terrible two's.. So I got no real world experience with em. And after watching someone drop 2500 on a set of carbs/intake, I most likely never will.. (unless I emptied my bank account on em..)

When i was younger and the subject of a six pack came up, the most common saying was "we wanted to drive it every day, so we took it off" So that's where my statement came from.. was Tongue in cheek humor.. no more..

If they are done properly you will never have a problem. The problem was the person who built my engine. I got a great price but bad original carb setup. When I finish with this it will be fine (hopefully)! by the time Im done it should all be new.
Reply Purge Spammer

I would love to help you with this. Where do you live? I live north of Philly pa.
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dyno Time! markz 10 6,238 06-19-20, 01:27 PM
Last Post: markz
  Nats Time! Wo's Going? markz 2 18,960 08-13-19, 11:52 PM
Last Post: markz
  My spare time project 67-500 4 3,280 06-24-18, 04:48 PM
Last Post: 67RTBlue
  back after a long time rp23g7 14 7,582 12-20-17, 03:47 PM
Last Post: rp23g7
  Real Time Engineering-contact info regarding an order placed 67RTBlue 5 4,002 06-01-17, 11:49 AM
Last Post: 67RTBlue
  That time of year again! WINTER UGH! Whats everyone doing to their cars over the winter? Warhawkfight34 15 8,064 11-28-15, 12:52 AM
Last Post: ws27
  Made a small change I didn't think I would ever do but it looks awesome. Warhawkfight34 8 5,197 10-06-15, 10:57 PM
Last Post: 1969 Hemi RTs
  Time for new carburators! Warhawkfight34 4 3,692 02-23-15, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Warhawkfight34
  Want to change out my cam to a hydraulic roller set. Any recommendations? Warhawkfight34 5 3,388 09-10-14, 06:22 PM
Last Post: TekHousE
  Give me 15 min of yo time ( Plymouth Valiant) still in the family honcho 1 2,166 09-04-14, 12:12 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder