Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Montgomery RIP
I learned a little while ago that Ken Montgomery passed away. Anyone who ever met Ken had the privilege to meet one of the nicest guys in drag racing. His '555' '65 Plymouth was famous here on the east coast. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

[Image: 308233_187785397974542_100002292499617_3...1726_n.jpg]
Reply Purge Spammer

Thats a flashy Plymouth with a class act guy
rip Ken
Reply Purge Spammer

I was at the US30 at York reunion a few years ago and got a signed t-shirt from him, a real guy! He bought that A-990 car new, the "old" triple nickel!!!!!!!!
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

BeerThats an amazing car! You know he's up there running a 1/4 mile with all the legends of drag racing! Throwing back a few brewskies too!
Reply Purge Spammer

Having known Kenny for 20+ years I must agree with rlsbee. Kenny was one of the nicest poeple anyone could ever meet.
He will be greatly missed by my family and others aswell. My nephew Bryan has been working at Montgomery's Auto with Kenny and Kenny Jr. for about a year and a half now and loved ever minute. Kenny and Ken Jr. would tell Bryan story after story about the early days of drag racing. And how changes to the cars would come about. Like the time Sr. was at the '69 or '70 nationals with the 68 cuda and a tire rep. wanted him to try out a set of slicks mounted on Craiger wheels, well to get them to fit Kenny had to hammer in the inner wheel wells...... Could you imagine taking a sledge hammer to the wheel wells of a Super "A" cuda today?

Kenny always had a big Smile and a hand shake for me no matter how good or bad of a day he was having. I will miss him dearly.
Good bye ol' freind.
Danny
Reply Purge Spammer