Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memorial Day
While everyone is enjoying their BBQ's and start of summer, take a moment to remember what today is really about.

To those who made the ultimate sacrifice and gave their life for their country, Thank you.
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

it IS a day to remember our soldiers. I go to a service every year that is about a mile from my house. my wives whole family goes to it, including my father in law who is a WWII vet(he will be 90 next month). they read a list of people in the town that have served as far back as the civil war up to current times.
Clean as a whistle 
Smelling like a rose
Reply Purge Spammer

Wow thats awesome!
Happy Memorial Day everyone .... and thank you to those who have served

Amen
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

I'm a vet, we go downtown to the parade every Memorial Day, not too many old WWII vets around anymore.
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

I had the great privilege of driving Wayne, a WWII vet in the local Belmont Memorial day parade today. He and his wife had a great time riding in the back of my GTX. I couldn't get him to talk too much about how he served, but I do know he volunteered at 17, and served aboard a battle ship. He was talkative, just very happy in the spotlight at the moment.

He says he'll be back next year, I sure hope so.

Happy memorial day everyone.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

my father in law has lots of stories about WWII that he shares with us. when he got there the fighting was just about over. they asked the his group if anyone could drive a car/truck/anything. he was the only one that raised his hand. being a farmer from the country he was used to driving all kinds of equipment. all the other people were from the city he said. so all he did the whole time there was drive officers where ever they needed to go and transport troops out of Germany.

we are having a 90th birthday party for him next month. he still drives, shops and takes care of himself. he walks a couple times a day and his mind is still pretty sharp. when I built my garage 8 years ago he helped me cut down the trees with a chainsaw(we each had one)
Clean as a whistle 
Smelling like a rose
Reply Purge Spammer

My stepdad was with the 504th of the 82nd Airborne Div during WWII, he lost an eye and never really talked about the war very much.
Objects quickly DISAPPEAR in the rearview mirror and PLEASE stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop!!
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Memorial Day 67440Dodge 1 754 05-29-22, 10:14 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder