Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alignment problems
Ok so finally got the lca pulled out, got the old bushing inner and outer shell out, now whats the best way to put the new bushing in? I know it needs to be pressed but I don't have a press and really don't want to take it to anyone, is there a way I can do this myself without a press? I was thinking about renting an upper ballpoint press, basically the same idea as lowers right? Any suggestions would be appreciated
Reply Purge Spammer

You may be able to use a threaded rod big enough with the right size sockets and washers to pull it through.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Not sure what you have laying around but the all thread method will work like Rich said with some work. Not sure how you will be able to get the pivot pin back without at least a hand press, just make sure you support inner sleeve from back side when putting in so you dont ruin new bushing. And also don't fully tighten pivot nut through K-member until weight of vehicle is on.

They rent those hand presses at the car parts for free around here anyway.

Nice to hear you doing this yourself, best way to learn Smile
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

[SIZE=3]Can someone please explain with more detail what the "threaded method" is? Also i can rent a press from autozone. I looked at the tools they have to rent yesterday and the only thing I saw that could possibly work was an upper balljoint press? Would that work? Or what kind of press would I need to rent?[/SIZE]
Reply Purge Spammer

something like this for the all thread method[Image: th?id=HN.608002897718282757&w=281&h=187&...=1&pid=1.7]
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

Whoa that's a good idea gonna try tht Saturday, is there a reason there's a ring on one end of the bolt and washer on the other? Can I just use washers on both sides?
Reply Purge Spammer

sgp0511 Wrote:Whoa that's a good idea gonna try tht Saturday, is there a reason there's a ring on one end of the bolt and washer on the other? Can I just use washers on both sides?

Just a generic picture, you can make up anything that will get it done
The Idaho Andy
Reply Purge Spammer

Alright finally after a long day I have gotten the passenger side lower control arm bushing changed out and everything reinstalled. I don't know why I've put this off for so long no wasn't that hard of a job only problem I had was with the pivot shaft going back on that thing was a b$&@! To squeeze in there but I managed to get it in without messing things up too bad gonna do other side next week should go smooth, and thanks for the all thread idea worked like a charm
Reply Purge Spammer

Got both bushings replaced!! Now she just needs a tuneup and I have a question the bearing cap cover on my front wheel fell off and I got one from autozone but it doesn't fit right and won't stay on its like the cup isn't deep enough where can I get a bearing cap that will fit and stay on??
Reply Purge Spammer

Also whats the best oil to use I know a lot of oils now don't have zinc what oil brand has the zinc I need?
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VIN number problems theogonzalez 2 15 07-27-24, 04:58 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  VIN number problems nhranut 2 4,739 06-02-20, 09:20 PM
Last Post: markz
  Engine problems all opinions welcome. Warhawkfight34 20 8,227 08-22-17, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Warhawkfight34
  Anyone have problems with keystone clamps? Warhawkfight34 1 2,838 05-29-15, 12:07 PM
Last Post: ws27