Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alignment problems
Ok so I'm working on getting my 65 coronet back on the road the only problem I'm having is the camber on the front wheels. So if I drive down the road and I run over a bump say a speed bump, my caster goes really positive, so much that when I get out and look at the car of looks likes its raised up in the front end. And if I try to drive it like this the wheels squeal like crazy, and if I hit that same speed bump again it may or may not go back to normal camber, it's really frustrating as I e been dealing with this for a while and I'm stumped. It has newer poly front strut rod bushings and ball joints are about 2 years old. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Reply Purge Spammer

I had a similar problem years ago, bought the whole pst poly kit, my old camber bolts were thrashed(even though they seemed ok) the new ones solved my issue.

Sounds like your lower control arm bushings
67 R/T 440ci 4spd
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply Purge Spammer

Was doing some research and it does sound like lca bushings, gonna tear into it today, I'm looking at the end of the torsion bar for the horseshoe clips to remove them when I slide the lca back but I don't see any clips? I see a groove where a clip can go but no clip it looks like
Reply Purge Spammer

Any tips on removing lca?
Reply Purge Spammer

Well how are you making out you need to replace the clip when you put it back together and also check your strut rod bushings because that unnecessary stress with the lower control arm bushing being bad might have messed up your front strut Rod bushing both of those bushings (strut rod and lower control arm bushings) need to be good shape at the same time you might want to check/change those also while you're there how is your upper control arm bushings? All those components need to be in good shape while you're digging so far into the car you Might want to check everything you don't want to be piece working that stuff.
67 R/T 440ci 4spd
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply Purge Spammer

The problem is I can't see the horseshoe clip not tht I wanna replace it u came even get it out, and front strut rod bushings are about 1year old and upper control arm bushings also about 1 year old, wasn't able to dig into it this weekend me and the wife stayed out later than we thought Smile so i plan on getting to it in 2 weeks this weekend will be occupied by our Kansas tripSmile
Reply Purge Spammer

You should be able to grab it when a pair needle nose pliers very simply the prongs should be sticking right up shouldn't be a problem at all to see it keep us up-to-date on how you make out
67 R/T 440ci 4spd
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply Purge Spammer

I think the clips are missing ends of torsion bar bc I did see a pic where the prongs should be sticking out and there's nothing there, just a groove where it should be, well thank everyone for the input still waiting on a free weekend to get started already, as I'm so ready to be riding my coronet again , after I get LCa bushings changed just need a battery and to get her registered again
Reply Purge Spammer

Did you shine a light up where bushing is and make sure that is your problem ?

You will be able to see end of bushing where lower control arm pivot bolts to K-member, and give you an idea of its condition
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VIN number problems theogonzalez 2 15 07-27-24, 04:58 PM
Last Post: juan a.
  Front End Alignment Shop for 1967 Coronet 440net 2 12 05-29-24, 04:14 PM
Last Post: 440net
  VIN number problems nhranut 2 4,739 06-02-20, 09:20 PM
Last Post: markz
  Engine problems all opinions welcome. Warhawkfight34 20 8,227 08-22-17, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Warhawkfight34
  Anyone have problems with keystone clamps? Warhawkfight34 1 2,838 05-29-15, 12:07 PM
Last Post: ws27