Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing cat whiskers
Want to install the cat whiskers on the 65 and I figured i would ask before I started getting into it.
I am not sure what goes where and how they are attached to the door. I do know that the ones that are on there now are completley disintegrated, so they are of no help. I dont think I need to take the door panels off but then again ...i dont know! LOL

Anyway - if any one has pointers, insight and maybe a pic to post of their 65 , I would be very so grateful.

OK so since it was kinda nice today I figured I would go ahead and try to install the cat whiskers on the 65.
Well I dont get frustrated too easily but let me tell ya , trying to get the old rusted ones off ....frustrated me; especillay one the insdie door panels!! BUT i got the outter ones installed on the front and back.
The inner ones I got off on one side but holy geez what a pain!!! thinking I might run with the outter ones and just get new door panels.

Anyway - thats my update. Big Grin

FaFa call me a noob...but I have no idea what these are. :-s
Living the dream...

1949 Dodge Flat Fender Power Wagon (Sherman)
1969 Coronet R/T drop top 440 w/manual 4 spd (Audrey)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Hurst / Olds W-30
1993 Dodge W-250 Cummins w/manual (low mile) (Frank)
2016 Ram 3500 w/manual 6 spd (Betty)
Reply Purge Spammer

Glad to hear you are trying this yourself. Might take a couple cold ones but well worth it
Reply Purge Spammer

You're learning Jenn, keep up the good work. Any casualties?
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

lanceh13 Wrote:FaFa call me a noob...but I have no idea what these are. :-s

OK, noob Lance LOL, Jenn is referring to window fuzzies or seals as cat whiskers.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Thanks guys .. yea it was kinda frustrating trying to get the old rusted ones off, funny how frustration pushes you tonot give up! Since they were so rusted and desinegrated I couldnt tell what went where. I am glad I got the outter ones done, they will be a huge improvement. I think now I need weather stripping, which I thought was part of the windlace but its not. I love working on my car and cant wait til spring!!

ws27 Wrote:OK, noob Lance LOL, Jenn is referring to window fuzzies or seals as cat whiskers.

I replaced those on the diesel not to long ago...I was struggling trying to explain them to RockAuto...cat whiskers...fitting.
Living the dream...

1949 Dodge Flat Fender Power Wagon (Sherman)
1969 Coronet R/T drop top 440 w/manual 4 spd (Audrey)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Hurst / Olds W-30
1993 Dodge W-250 Cummins w/manual (low mile) (Frank)
2016 Ram 3500 w/manual 6 spd (Betty)
Reply Purge Spammer

They are definitely a pain in the ass to install. Im in the process of installing some on my 72 scamp. Good luck. You'll get it.
Reply Purge Spammer

Thanks Mike - I got the outter ones installed ok. The weather and lack of light stopped me from going further witht he inner ones. I'll will get them done sooner or later Smile