Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rest in Peace John
The old time die hard members of the board may remember MoparJohn. John owned a ultra rare Charger with the factory sunroof. If you've ever met him at Carlisle, he was one of the nicest guys in the tent, and pretty much inseperable from TomDropTop.

Kevin informed me that John passed away yesterday morning. No reason is known yet, nor are there any announced plans for services. Once Kevin hears more he'll either post them or when I find out I'll post them here as well.

Rest in Peace John, you were one of the good guys.

Mike
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Thank you for sharing Mike! Heard that news yesterday as well. Very tough to hear. I have such fond memories of John! He'll certainly be greatly missed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Living the dream...

1949 Dodge Flat Fender Power Wagon (Sherman)
1969 Coronet R/T drop top 440 w/manual 4 spd (Audrey)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Hurst / Olds W-30
1993 Dodge W-250 Cummins w/manual (low mile) (Frank)
2016 Ram 3500 w/manual 6 spd (Betty)
Reply Purge Spammer

Thanks Mike. John was a big loveable guy who made us feel like family at Carlisle. When Amy mentioned she wanted to go for another visit to New Jersey John was adamant that we stay at his home. We are heartbroken at the loss of such a wonderful fellow. Our prayers go out to his brother Jerome and to his many friends. Rest in peace John.
Reply Purge Spammer

Oh Wow such sad news! I always liked talking to John at Carlisle. I believe I sold him one connecting rod for his 383 after a valve dropped many years ago. RIP John
Clean as a whistle 
Smelling like a rose
Reply Purge Spammer

Sounds like he had lots of great friends, I hope they stay tight after such a loss.
Very ��
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

Another memory I have of John at Carlisle- every time I saw him he was searching the swap meet for some part and he would tell me to keep an eye out for whatever he was looking for. OR he would be carrying some part that he just bought. RIP John
Clean as a whistle 
Smelling like a rose
Reply Purge Spammer

Sorry to hear about John! I first met John was at the tent at Carlisle. Talking with him was like I knew him forever. The next time I met him was when he ran into me at The Woodward Dream Cruise. (Literally!) John and Kevin came to the Woodward Dream Cruise and John ran into the back of my Super Bee! He felt so bad. I had to console him. But I shrugged it off and we still had a great time. I'm glad I got to meet him and he had the chance to experience the car culture in Detroit. RIP John.
Reply Purge Spammer

May he rest in peace.
Castles made of sand slip in to the sea....eventually
Reply Purge Spammer

Very sad news. RIP............
67 Coronet 500 - 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
Owned Since 1981

Daughter's Car
67 Coronet 500 Street Car with AC
13.300 @ 101.75 mph

69 GTX clone - build in progress........
Reply Purge Spammer