Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible?
The water pump was leaking on my convertible so I went ahead and replaced it. I was surprised to see a Chrysler p/n - could it be the original? That would mean it was 53 years old!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If a man speaks while in his garage and his wife does not hear it, is he still wrong?
Reply Purge Spammer

The one on our car was still a Chrysler part and looks like the same number. I sent it out to be rebuilt. That's a possibility on yours too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

Funny, I posted this on FBBO also and somebody wanted to buy it! I'm gonna keep it and maybe rebuild it later when I do a body resto on the car. I actually believe the pump is a rebuilt original, but I can guarantee that it has been on the car since at least 1980, that's 38 years . . . not bad!
If a man speaks while in his garage and his wife does not hear it, is he still wrong?
Reply Purge Spammer

old original parts last 38 years
new aftermarket parts last 38 minutes

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

It could be original, no way to tell for sure. There appears to be no paint on it. Compared to the area around it, did it match in appearance?
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

It has some ligt grey paint on the hub that tells me it was a rebuilt. I'm sure it was installed when my Dad rebuilt the engine a along time ago - 1979 or 1980.
Reply Purge Spammer