Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oops, I've done it again part ???.......
Carlisle is always the high point of the season.

I took the car to Kimballs last night. What a nice car. Runs great, no rattles, everything works on the dash, transmission is quiet. Honestly this is the first old car that I can just drive. I really can't think of anything it really needs. I may overhaul the brake hydraulics at some point, but that's about it.

It is a little difficult being manual steering and 4 speed. Trying to maneuver in tight spaces is almost impossible. I guess I'm a spoiled power steering guy. LOL
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

I'm sorry for being late to the party on this thread Rich. It is a beautiful car Rich and I also love the silver color!

If you are going to drive this beauty out on public streets and highways, I guess that I'll be the idiot that thinks that you really should consider swapping out that terrible single pot master cylinder design for at least a 1967 and up dual master cylinder design system. Chrysler had to change that design for a very good reason my friend.

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

I don't disagree Richard. I'm really having trouble changing anything on such an untouched original car. I was planning on keeping everything the way it came. I will be rebuilding everything on the brakes though.

I hope you are doing well.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Thank you Rich and I hope that you're doing well also my friend.

Keeping this beautiful Coronet original is important. Keeping this beautiful Coronet and it's driver and passengers as safe as possible is even more important.

I'm amazed regarding how many unsafe parts were designed and used on all of the 1966 and prior Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge models. Single line and single pot master cylinder brake systems, non locking bucket seat backs, non collapsing steering columns, shoulder belts not even an option on most models and lap belts were an extra cost option, not a standard feature and powerful drivetrains with terrible undersized bias ply tires! Truly amazing how far vehicle safety has come from 1966 to 2019 isn't it?

Have a blast with this convertible Rich, but please also be safe ok? WinkBanging Gears

Richard
For some unknown reason, nobody seems to take me seriously............
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oops, Trying to compete with Rich - Kinda markz 2 12,870 06-16-19, 07:10 PM
Last Post: ws27
  Oops, I've done it again... ws27 133 50,692 01-20-18, 11:22 PM
Last Post: JimKueneman
  '66/'67 Part Availablilty JimKueneman 14 7,776 09-02-17, 12:21 AM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  Not a Coronet but Sweeet!! Part Deux 67440Dodge 13 7,611 02-02-17, 11:04 PM
Last Post: 67r/t4speeder
  eBay part hunting= van cd45harris 12 6,432 10-12-15, 08:31 PM