Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoulder belt sag
Hauled some parts down to KY, and while there worked on a few things. Nick's '69 Coronet had sagging shoulder belts, due to the elastic that is supposed to hold them tight being stretched out. I had found belts at the U-pick junkyard from a C-body that were not as faded as his originals, due to the southern sun. I had to cut the replacements down a little, as the C-body belts are a few inches longer. I took some elastic, sewed it to the belt, then attached a snap to it. Pics of the results are posted. First pic is of the old elastic. The original elastic was green, but the store had only black and white, so I used the black. I'm sure many of you with these type shoulder belts have the same problem.

I also sprayed the spokes of a wood grain steering wheel with Molotow Liquid Chrome paint. (I have no relationship with this product) This product has a shine that is the closest to actual chrome that I have ever seen, for a one step, just shoot it on paint. It comes in paint sticks, but refills for the sticks are also sold. I took the refill, poured it into an air spray touch up brush, and just sprayed it on. In sunlight the reflectivity of this paint can be blinding. Pics posted.112221122311224112251122611227112281122911230

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer