Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I peed a little
Sorry for not posting much about my Coronet nostalgia car but the beast and the heart transplant roared to life last evening. I had imagined what it would sound like but this one was a really nice surprise. The cam is even more radical than I thought it would be. Nothing ever sounds like a well built hemi breathing. Through 2 1/8" headers. Ain't no hiding what is in this one.

Legendary Nhra hall of famer Joe Smith did some amazing changes to the Cal Track suspension, lowering the car for a perfect Super Stocker stance. We even cut the frame rails and welded in a slider system sometimes used in motorcycles. When the car launches the uninspiring not only supports the weight shift but the flex of the spring actually slides the spring toward the rear, eleminating hop. He used Ranch shocks a full six inches shorter than stock.

I will post some pics in the next few days. Cannot wait for the holidays to be over and warmer weather for test and tune
Reply Purge Spammer

Sounds great, Jay! I love my hemi engine, always have and always will until my dying day. Even after that I hope! LOL
Castles made of sand slip in to the sea....eventually
Reply Purge Spammer

Congrats Jay, can't wait to see pics.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer