Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone looking for a finish panel?
I don't see these for sale very often. Thought one of you might need it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Dodge-Coron...2c6f609610
Reply Purge Spammer

At least the guy is honest. Thanks Stamm
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

This finish panel goes between the tail lights and replaces the for small pieces of trim that are there on a 440, correct? I have none of that trim and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it... has anyone ever painted these pieces? Either to match the car or in an accent color? Also, it looks mighty rough from the pictures... is there even any straightening that out from the shape it is in or is it shot?
Reply Purge Spammer

Worth mentioning... I have a 66 440 that I am restoring but not doing it as an original restore so I wouldn't be opposed to putting this on the back of it (as much as that may offend the purists). Smile
Reply Purge Spammer

Zaq Wrote:This finish panel goes between the tail lights and replaces the for small pieces of trim that are there on a 440, correct? I have none of that trim and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it... has anyone ever painted these pieces? Either to match the car or in an accent color? Also, it looks mighty rough from the pictures... is there even any straightening that out from the shape it is in or is it shot?
There is no way to fix that piece, it's destined for the scrap heap.
President, New England chapter of Coronetaholics anonomous.
Reply Purge Spammer

Yeah, that is what I was thinking from looking at it but wasn't sure if it would be salvageable with a trip through a blast booth and a coat of paint when the car gets painted. The trunk trim pieces are some that I know I need but I am not really willing to spend the $500 to get new ones as they are listed on Ebay. I'll just hold tight and work on the rest of it for now.
Reply Purge Spammer

ws27 Wrote:There is no way to fix that piece, it's destined for the scrap heap.

yeah. its pot metal. not much you can do with it. I think its better to have a rough piece than no piece though, and I have seen them painted up to look ok. 35 bucks is cheap enough to experiment with a few different looks. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong spots, but I cant remember the last time I saw one for sale.
Reply Purge Spammer

Just a suggestion but maybe you could just paint the area inside the outer trim Silver. It would be simillar to having the panel, you could even paint the two red stripes between the tailites. Then if you find a nice panel it will all be covered when you install it!
Reply Purge Spammer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  69 convertible 500 rocker panel question 31ctg 8 29,362 11-23-19, 06:25 AM
Last Post: MarkMopar
  68 R/T- tail-panel 440fied 3 3,985 03-30-15, 08:12 PM
Last Post: 70rtvert
  Front bench seat backing panel clips? Warhawkfight34 0 2,673 03-12-14, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Warhawkfight34
  67 RT Trunk Tail Panel Trim my67RT 3 4,322 01-19-14, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Racer Brown
  Quarter Panel Regulators stamm321 2 3,311 08-06-13, 11:02 AM
Last Post: ws27
  Tail light panel BigBlock61 5 3,959 07-19-13, 01:55 PM
Last Post: BigBlock61