Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doing some upgrades
Getting the 67 Coronet ready for Carlisle, I bought some Street radials 275/60/15 and some 205/60/15s for the front (its about time I replaced whats on there).

So I'm looking at doing few things before the big show:

• Want to go with the Caltracs does anyone have an idea on what size I should go with? I see they sell 20-22" front segment sizes.
  • I have manual steering and its sloppy, I've seen the 16:1 boxes how would that work with a 8" wide tire?
  • Brake upgrade, I did the SSBC slotted on the 68 Charger, does anyone sell a full disc brake conversion that doesn't use that portioning valve for the rears?
  • Need a set of rollers for a cup style pushrods, is harlan the only real player out there?
  • Thinking about control arms rebuilding the front end and getting some tubular uppers, what do you guys think Qa1?
  • I have a 26" radiator stuffed where the original 22" came from the factory (its a real 383 4 speed car) I'd like to clean it up and put what fits in but cooling isn't an issue now so don't want to go backwards either, I am borrowing from Mustang bag of tricks and may get a mark VI fan that flows 3500+ cfm (or the black magic equivalent ) any thoughts on what fits nicely?
10788&d=1495801588[/IMG]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How about this kit http://mbmbrakes.com/1966-1970-b-body-o-...g-numbers/
They have manual too.

I install many qa1 stuff and all fit nice. Check out SPC arms too they adjust nice and use rubber bushings.
The Idaho Andy
I love the smell of race fuel in the morning
Reply Purge Spammer

I got a freshly rebuilt manual box if you want it Kev...

Also, someone was selling one of those 16:1 boxes on the site.
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Ill buy it Mike!

I'll bring it down this week.. you home Thurs night?

As for the pushrod question, don't the old MP style rockers use a cup style pushrod? You can usually find a set on Ebay... If you want, you can have my Crane's, and see if you can built a set with what you got. (let me know so I can bring em down)

As for a proportioning valve, it's pretty much required when you go to a disk brake setup up front.
I love Mopars so much I'm date coding the skid marks in my underwear.

Ill be home around 6:30 but not in a rush either!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  '67 after all the upgrades Piper 9 16,695 05-28-19, 02:36 PM
Last Post: 67RTBlue
  Couple more upgrades Piper 5 3,571 04-20-19, 06:56 AM
Last Post: 65rbdodge