Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hidden Stereo
Hi guys. I recently picked up a '67 Coronet 440 sedan. It still has the original AM radio in it and I'm not about to remove it. I would like some tunes however. Just curious as to what some of you guys have done as far as installing a hidden stereo and speakers. I will not cut any holes in the dash or the door panels as I really want to keep the appearance as original as possible. Thanks much!
Scott
Reply Purge Spammer

I was thinking of just having mine setup for an iPod, hide the wire in the glove box and pop it in and out, the only thing that might be tricky is keeping the charge. I've seen it done but didnt look closely how it was all wired up.

just a thought

I put the CD player in my dart in the glove box, it did require some cutting of the liner. I put the rear 6x9 speakers in the package tray with an original package tray with the speaker holes already cut into it. My dart is a 4 door so there were no package trays available so I bought a b-body tray and cut it to fit. I put the front 3" speakers in the kick panels. I had a few sets of kick panels so I didn't care about cutting them up.
Clean as a whistle 
Smelling like a rose
Reply Purge Spammer

I have secret sound it is under the seat with a small display under dash no one knows it is there, It isn't the best if your picky about sound but most of the music is the 440 V8 right? You can see the display under the left side

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply Purge Spammer

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I like the idea of the secret sound.
Reply Purge Spammer

I use a good quality blue tooth speaker with pandora on my phone..yes im ghetto lol
-John
[Image: IMG_1711.jpg]
1966 Dodge Coronet 440 318 Polysphere 727 auto
Reply Purge Spammer

I use an iLOUD http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iloud/

It is a bluetooth speaker meant for a guitarist to plug into. It has a 10 hour battery life. And that is no joke. I thought it was marketing hype but it really will last all day at full blast!

I use a very technical single piece of velcro to secure it so it does not slip off of my console. LOL I do this as I remove it when i go to shows and BOOM! My car is stock again..Well apart from the Hurst shifter.. Smile Don't mind the stupid tape I used in the edges..I thought it would protect the speaker..And I worked out it looked worse..Just have not taken it off yet. Smile I actually have mine always connected to a cigarette lighter socket that I wired up to be only on when the ignition is on. It also accepts direct input from your phone via the small stereo cable jack too. And it also is a ported speaker design, so bass is amazing. I can actually hear this when running straight out of my cut outs so it gets loud. It is a 40W speakers, in stereo of course.

8568]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]My Flickr gallery for my '67http://www.flickr.com/photos/19913797@N0...666472876/
Reply Purge Spammer

Avenger Wrote:I use a good quality blue tooth speaker with pandora on my phone..yes im ghetto lol

DITTO! Bose sound link!!
Reply Purge Spammer