DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: Let the Painting Commence!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I thought all the White Hat Specials were painted roofs.
A painted roof was just an option, and a rare one at that.
Per Mr. Galen Govier's "Chrysler Corporation Production Option Code Book - 1966-1968" (White Reference Book), here are all of the White Hat Special packages offered by Chrysler in the 1967 and 1968 model years.

Factory code #: 350
Model years offered: 1967 and 1968
Description: White Hat Special with vinyl roof.
Options included in package: wheel lip moldings, wheel covers, body belt moldings, white sidewall tires, front and rear bumper guards, fender mounted turn signals, vinyl roof.

Factory code #: 352
Model year offered: 1968
Description: Dodge White Hat Special with vinyl roof.
Options included in package: wheel lip moldings, body belt moldings, wheel covers, full horn ring steering wheel, front and rear bumper guards, fender mounted turn signals, 7.35 x 14" white sidewall tires, vinyl roof.

Factory code #: 354
Description: Dodge White Hat Special less vinyl roof.
Options included in package: wheel lip moldings, body belt moldings, wheel covers, full horn ring steering wheel, front and rear bumper guards, fender mounted turn signals, 7.35 x 14" white sidewall tires.

Factory code #: 361
Description: White Hat Special Package A
Options included in package: fender mounted turn signals, wheel covers, wheel opening moldings, front and rear bumper guards, left hand remote control mirror, body sill moldings, vinyl roof.

Factory code #: 364
Model years: 1968
Description: White Hat Special Package B
Options included in package: fender mounted turn signals, wheel covers, wheel opening moldings, front and rear bumper guards, left hand remote control mirror, body sill moldings.

None of the above White Hat Special packages mention a painted roof as part of the package, but it's also interesting why Chrysler would offer a package like this without a White vinyl top, so maybe the buyer could have ordered the painted White top instead of the White vinyl top as part of package codes #354 and #364?

Richard
Almost done with the Cut & Buff. Re-assemble is next!

[Image: photo_zps0e7e31b3.jpg]

[Image: photo1_zps7d39c814.jpg]

[Image: photo2_zpsc8592d9d.jpg]

[Image: photo3_zpsd109d816.jpg]
That is starting to shape up beautifully! I am seeing arrow straight body lines....ooohhhh yah!
Man that looks good !!!!
A few years ago I was at a show south of here at a Sonic, well a guy there had a 66 Coronet 440, Hemi 4 speed car, med blue with a black painted top, I asked him about that and he said it's that way from the factory, I had never seen one!
That is looking great. Can't wait to see it finished.
Done! Finally have the car back home!

[Image: DSC_4899_zps06e9ffbf.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4898_zpsc8b824b6.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4897_zpsac4d2d66.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4895_zpse18b30e7.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4889_zps827fcceb.jpg]
The Blue does not seem to photograph accurately though. It looks a little muted in these pictures compared to reality.

[Image: DSC_4892_zpsb7401588.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4891_zps8ae43432.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5