DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: Have you ever noticed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Several years ago, I drove our Bee to the post office. When I came out with the mail, I found a lady sittin' in the driver's seat and cryin'!! I stood beside the car for a moment, finally knocked on the window and got her attention. I then heard how she had had one like it, was her favorite car, and how she wishes she had it back. I thought that she was not going to get out of it. She did, asking if she could drive it some day......probably not! Different story; at a car show one fine Saturday, two guys came up to my car, looked it over, informed me that it was obviously a fake as Dodge did not build a '68 Super Bee, the clincher was that it did not have the "440 Six-Pak" that only and all real Super Bees were built with. I tried to educate them, the one guy wanted to argue, was not the place, so these guys are running around somewhere,Rolleyes letting everyone know just how smart they aren't!!!
I've gotten most of the same response's as you guys have. The one I get quite often on my 70 R/T is they inform me that the side scoops should be vented for air induction to the carb. I all ways say, "woun't it be better to use the hood scoops for that?" Most just turn away, some try to tell me thats not enough for a 440 Hemi.
If you don't know ask. There is no shame in that. After all, back in the day you could order a car pretty much as you wanted it to have on and in it.
There are endless combinations.
I know a guy who ordered a car with all the bells, a 1 of 1. I've been told he has been offered $500K, If you looked in the car, I'm sure most of us would say that it couln't have come from the factory that way. But id did!!
Never say never!

Ive been told "never saw a Charger convertible before"
"Oh look, its a 500. My dad had a Galaxie 500 just like that..."
"What year is your Impala?"
"Does your Road Runner have a Hemi?"

My least favorite is, "Are you the original owner?" No. I would be in my 60's or older if I were the original owner.
Your wagon really came with a 440!!?? It says it right there on the side
I'm with you on this one, JIm
No where on my 70 RT does it have an emblem saying its a Coronet. It does have a R/T emblem on the front, rear and side scoops and 440 on the side of each hood scoop. and Dodge letters across the rear. I heard one guy telling his son that he had a GTO just like it.
I guess I should be more leniant, seeing that Dodge only made 296 70 coronet R/T convertibles.
But if you don't know, ask!!

Jim 68cuda Wrote:"Oh look, its a 500. My dad had a Galaxie 500 just like that..."
"What year is your Impala?"
"Does your Road Runner have a Hemi?"

My least favorite is, "Are you the original owner?" No. I would be in my 60's or older if I were the original owner.
Oh, Jim
Just to raze you a bit. I'm not the original owner but I'm sure as hell in my 60's. LOL
Jim 68cuda Wrote:My least favorite is, "Are you the original owner?" No. I would be in my 60's or older if I were the original owner.

I know someone that said not only did his car take him to the hospital to be born, but 9 months earlier was used for other reasons...
Try this one.
I remember going to a party with my father and going home with my mother.

JennFAFA

^ haha good one Fran.....
People paying attention to your car is always a good feeling. I had my car in the driveway and an elderly gentleman was driving by, saw my car and turned around to come back to chat. He stayed for about 40 shooting the breeze. probably the longest conversation I ever had!! LOL

Being in IT I get a lot of people walking up to my desk needing one thing or another or asking questions. One day this guy walks up, sees thepic of my my car and gets all excited and starts talking to me about my car . He knew exactly what it was, asked about the engine, and other specs and we talked for a good 20 mnutes sharing stories. Then he had to leave for a meeting. I later asked who he was and turns out hes the World Wide Director of ePRO systems for our company ... pretty big dude and now he says hi and chats everytime hes in the office . Nice way to make an impression and I wasnt even trying! Smile

People always stare when I take out my car and mind you, it needs body work and paint, so Im not sure if they are staring becasue of that or because Im a girl driving an old car or because it just sounds so damn good! LOL Either way, I LOVE my car no matter what.
Pages: 1 2 3