DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: What I did to my Coronet this week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Took it to 2 body shops, one is owned by a HS buddy that fixes all my wrecks. And took it to another that did a friends 77 F150 couple years ago. Figured I'd strip it down and take it to them to do body work/shoot (I can't do body work to save my life, why I gave it up at 19)

Answers at both places.. absolutely not. They are so backed up with work because cars are sitting waiting for parts that once the parts come in, they have to thrash to get them back to the customer. Both lots were jam packed with cars missing pieces, and no guarantee when they'd arrive My friend said he's even had to turn big wreck away because he knew it would take forever for all the parts to show up.

And since lot of supplies for painting are derived from the oil industry, prices have shot thru the roof.
That really sucks, I’ve heard the same thing from my sister in law. She had 2 wrecks in the last six months. The first time it took two months to get it back. She is still waiting to get her car back from the second wreck a month ago.

im glad there was a body shop near my house while I was growing up, I spent a lot of time there but never worked there. They only worked on vintage cars and i watched. When the time came for me to do body work I knew exactly what I need to do but soon found out it requires lots of patience and willingness to “start over” when I messed up. I got a lot of experience when I put my dart together replacing both quarter panels and fixing all the other rust. It’s never to late to learn something new!
I've got 2 problems.. room and lots of things to do around house.. So like my new truck, it'll have to wait another year.. I'm in no hurry.. I still gotta get front bumper and grille surrounds

I did find a new use for my engine hoist thou.. 5hrs to dig up 2 posts with shovel.. 30 mins (inlcuding setup) with hoist)

I say old chap....brilliant use of the old engine hoist! Cheers! Beer

Richard
Hey!! I could use those posts, the bear keeps knocking my bird feeder post over. I’ve thought about cementing a piece of 3” exhaust pipe in the ground to support my homemade bear proof feeder
that's why bird feeders are illegal in this town... Sad

They also have a tendency to show up when cooking on your grille..

Last fall while my judgment was impaired I fed one by hand. Let me see if I can post a pic from my phone….
Mike should stay inside the neighbors are complaining again.
Man spotted wearing only underwear jacking on a hoist singing out loud before sunrise.
RoflRofl
67r/t4speeder Wrote:Mike should stay inside the neighbors are complaining again.
Man spotted wearing only underwear jacking on a hoist singing out loud before sunrise.

SUNSHINE...ON MY CHUBBY MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Pages: 1 2