DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: Power Brakes VS. Manual
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since you're swapping out the booster and MC, it might be a good idea to look into putting a dual pot MC on it.... if a hose or line ever lets go, you'll thank yourself..
How does the dual pot provide advantage over the single? Does one pot run front and the other back? Does this require running all new brake lines? (Not that I'm against that idea I just wonder for installation's sake)
yea Zaq on a dual resovor mc the front res is for the front brakes and the rear res is for the rear brakes.If you have a leak or a problem of that nature say on the rear brakes,your front brakes will work properly and you will still be able to stop.Im not sure what it will take but you will probably have to re-route the brake lines.
Im actually doing that now..you just unhook the rear line from the junction block...hook a brake line coupler to it..run a piece of new line from the coupler up..plug the hole with a brake line plug in the junction block hook up both lines to the new dual master and done Smile
Doesn't seem that bad then. I will probably go this route. Get a new booster and a dual pot master. Thanks for the advice everyone!
Dual pot MC's were probably one of the better safety requirements that the gov't has mandated over the years (I can live without stability or traction control these days). I've had a brake hose let go to the rears one time, and if it wasn't for the front still working it would have made for a ugly day.
Im just having problems getting the brake lines to come free from the block..any ideas? the block isnt attached to anything like its supposed to be Sad
Soak it with PB Blaster and then clamp the distribution block to the frame rail and see if that will give you the leverage to bust it loose.
thats what i was thinking. I have to locate my c clamp first though Tongue lol
Hey Avenger,when going to dual line MC,the big pod goes to the front brakes and be sure to curl the lines
Pages: 1 2 3