DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: how the heck does this come off?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Driving me crazy
Is there an allen lock nut holding housing to tube near where lever goes in ?
6281]I think the two halves are screwed together and come out separately?
I don't think you will get it off without pulling the whole column. Just did a 67 Barracuda. It was a floor shift car but the concept is the same. The tube that goes through the center of the column was press fitted into that housing - did not see anyway of separating the 2 without damage but there was no reason to. Not sure what holds the tube at the bottom of the column (in engine compartment) but I suspect something does and that is preventing you from pulling it out.

At least that is how it was on the Barracuda column.
Hello Kevin,

If you have a copy of the Factory Service Manual for your Charger, there is a complete section regarding the removal and installation of the steering column assembly. Wink

Richard
for posterity it is an allen key
How did it come off? If I was a bettin man I would of bet it didn't come off that easy...........
I heard allen key and just put on my specs and there it was..a couple turns it was right off

now the turn signal switch is another story!
Piper Wrote:I heard allen key and just put on my specs and there it was..a couple turns it was right off

now the turn signal switch is another story!

Interesting. So the 678 Barracuda is a different design. No allen screws on that column..........
Smile
Pages: 1 2