DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: Exhaust Pipe Size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
67 Coronet 500 383 HP - original 383 manifolds. What was the original main exhaust pipe diameter and the tailpipe diameter? I believe the tailpipes were smaller than the main pipes - correct?
Correct, I believe the headpipes were 2.25 and the tailpipes were 2.0
theman440 Wrote:Correct, I believe the headpipes were 2.25 and the tailpipes were 2.0
That sounds correct - thanks!
That's what my wagon has and it still has the original mufflers.
I wonder Accurate Exhaust Products makes the exhaust systems for the '66&'67 383 4-bbl B-Bodies?
They do. I put one of their systems on my 67 383 4bbl two years ago in place of the original system. Went on real easy and fits nice. The only difference is that it uses the larger diameter pipe all the way back. (and yes I put the original exhaust in storage)
theman440 Wrote:I wonder Accurate Exhaust Products makes the exhaust systems for the '66&'67 383 4-bbl B-Bodies?
]
Any idea what they cost?

I just ordered the main pipes and the tailpipes from Don's Custom Exhaust in Ohio. If they are as nice as the ones his dad used to make, they should be awesome. $400 which I think is very reasonable. I have a set of 2 1/2 main pipes and tailpipes that his Dad made, but those fit the 440 manifolds.
67-500 Wrote:They do. I put one of their systems on my 67 383 4bbl two years ago in place of the original system. Went on real easy and fits nice. The only difference is that it uses the larger diameter pipe all the way back. (and yes I put the original exhaust in storage)

Do the tailpipes dump in the correct spot or do they come all the way out to the bumper?
It was around $700-$800 for a complete system including correct, original style mufflers with the dimpled ends. I was able to reuse all my original hangers and I purchased 2 1/4 " NOS clamps for the rear tailpipe hangers because the ones in the kit are slightly different. Tailpipes dump in the correct spot and are bent and cut just like original.6403]
theman440 Wrote:Do the tailpipes dump in the correct spot or do they come all the way out to the bumper?

These are pics of the 2 1/2 inch his Dad made for me just before he passed away. I think they dump correctly - do you agree?

He also sells mufflers for $70 each.

6404]6405]
Pages: 1 2