DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: hood trim value help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A guy that collects corvette stuff found a bunch of nos hood trims for Mopars and he wants me to buy them. Some the wrappers are falling off and no idea what they fit yet, but two for sure are 66 Coronet. I would estimate 20 total.
He got them dirt cheap he told, but says well what are they worth I will give you a deal on whole lot
I want to be honest about it, but if I wait long he will go elsewhere.
Advise ?
Gee, that's a toughie. I think I would try low balling him first and see where that goes. Have a roll of money in your pocket. Sometimes these kind of deals are 'I was at the right place at the right time' kind of thing and can turn out to be good. Hard to give a value on something with no concrete information. Another thing would be to give him a down payment to hold the items, then do some homework and get back to him with an offer.
This is a toughie all right. When you buy something like this you have to buy at "wholesale" price, because most likely you won't sell them off right away and there are no guarantees on how much you can sell them for. Some might go for 100 or 2 but some might not be worth more than 25 bucks. Try offering him 25 each and see what he says. Keep in mind, now that they repro the 66 hood lip molding NOS ones really are not worth much more than the repro price to most people. Call me if you'd like.
Rich just wants first crack at the 66/7 ones
I am going to go over there and get more info and some part numbers off the ones that still have them, the wrappers are falling off so maybe not stored properly.
67r/t4speeder Wrote:I am going to go over there and get more info and some part numbers off the ones that still have them, the wrappers are falling off so maybe not stored properly.
Yup, check out the part#s first and see what he's got!
67440Dodge Wrote:Rich just wants first crack at the 66/7 ones
LOL... MY addiction knows no boundries. Richard would be the person to ID them though...
ws27 Wrote:LOL... MY addiction knows no boundries. Richard would be the person to ID them though...

You need to find a woman to take up your time.... so that way the rest of us can get a chance at the parts out there..
She'll take my time AND money! LOL
67440Dodge Wrote:You need to find a woman to take up your time.... so that way the rest of us can get a chance at the parts out there..

Andy, I'll be very happy to help you id any part numbers that you can find. Just send me an e-mail with the part numbers and I'll get right on it for you. By the way, I would be interested in one of those n.o.s. 66 Coronet hood trim mouldings if the price is right! Wink

Rich, I have the PERFECT lady for you...........she will correct that one bad habit that you have.......no, not THAT bad habit, the one where you don't purchase factory service manuals for ALL of your cars! Rofl

Richard

[Image: a-women-bodybuilder-trainwreck-16.jpg]
Pages: 1 2