DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: REAR GEAR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'VE ASKED THIS QUESTION ON OTHER FORUMS AND WANTED TO ASK SOME MORE OPINIONS.I AM PUTTING IN A TRUETRAC UNIT AND SOME TALLER GEARS ON MY 69 BEE 383 727 MILD BUILD.IT HAS A 750 CFM CARB
3.23 REAR NOW.I THINK IT MIGHT HAVE A LITTLE TOO MUCH CAM SO ITS A LITTLE DOGGY ON THE LOW END.I DO A LITTLE FREEWAY DRIVING SO I DONT WANT TOO LOW GEARING.TRYING TO DECIDE ON 3.55 OR 3.73.I AM AFRAID THAT THE 3.55 WON'T BE ENOUGH SO LEANING TOWARD THE 3.73.ANY THOUGHTS?
I have 373`s in the dana in my coronet and 355's in the 8.75 in my dart. there is only about 100-200rpm difference at 60 mph, that's not much of a difference to be concerned about. which ever is easier/cheaper to get would be the deciding factor for me.
Thats my thinking also.do you like the 3.73 as far as low end kick?cost is about the same. guess i am just looking for some idea of what kind of difference i am going to bet by moving from 3.23 open to 3.73 sure grip
I do like the 373's for the low end, but I also like that its not turning 4000rpms on the highway. going form 323 to 373 should be a noticeable difference but not and extreme difference. really low gears are annoying on the street, at least for me.
thanks for the feedback i have the chance to change to 3.55 before monday.i am staying with the 3.73.all of the simulators i have seen show the 3.73 around 3200 rpm at 65-70.