DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: need some guidance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
okay so i found this 440 1969 coronet im going to buy it for 1200 its a 4 door my question is would the floorpan fit my 2 door 440 1969 model where the driver side is? and rear panel where the feet go? u might ask why am i going to buy this car for the panels but this car has the back seats in mint condition front windshield bumpers front chrome rear chrome and whole dash complete with headliner is this worth it :] i also picked up the original stereo from it and door locks with ignition keys all of it stereo 440 dash emblem and keys for 75$ is this a good deal to get the whole car instead of buying parts from parts?
Manny..

The floors are the same between 2 and 4 door cars, and are the same from 66-70 model years.

As for whether the car is worth it or not, I'd say it is. I'll guarantee you there are many other parts that you're going to need during the resto, and it's very convenient to have your own personal parts store sitting there.

Plus, there are parts that you may not need, that someone else may need, and you can recoup some of the money you paid for the car that way.
Just so you know, the back seat is most likely not the same between the 2 and four door. Although 67 looks very different than 69, they share the same basic frame, realize that I'm speaking from experience of 67s only. Also on 67s the windshield is taller on the four door than 2 door. Do a little research first.
Umm.. Rich..

he's got a 69.. and he's buying a 69

you been drinking some of Andy's swill??
67440Dodge Wrote:Umm.. Rich..

I have my own thanks. But the rear seat on a four door is curved at the edge and the two door is not. On the glass I'm not sure, is it the same for 2 and 4?
67440Dodge Wrote:Umm.. Rich..

Hey now, Smile
ws27 Wrote:I have my own thanks. But the rear seat on a four door is curved at the edge and the two door is not. On the glass I'm not sure, is it the same for 2 and 4?

I don't know about the seats being the same, but you were talking about parts from a 67 fitting his 69...
so the front windshield and rear windshield are not the same? do i need to measure this with something? i really hope it fits because 1200 isn't even enough of what i thought i was going to spend it has a running engine transmission rear lights evreything it was just crashed on the front driver side but my whole front is mint on my car would could i look this up to do a lil research
OK Mike, you need some of what I have... What I meant, sorry Manny for the confusion, was that on 67s there is a difference between really the sedan and hardtop for the height of the windshield. And I'm not sure if that discrepency carries on to the 69s. So Manny, you should measure the windshield of both your 2 door and the 4 door because, if they are different, then not only will the glass not fit, but the trim won't fit either. I only know for sure this discrepency is on 66-67s but don't know you yours Manny. And Manny, look at the rear seat very carefully, I think you will find at least the seat bottom is curved at the front corners on the four door and not on the two door.

That better?

I'm going back under my rock and not coming out this time.Rofl
thanx ws if there not the same what a bummer i will mayby pay somebody use that stuff onto my seats just not white tho :[ mine are green dark green but i will measure it they look identical front windshield and evreything but i will just incase but even that ill still buy it because this car was running :]
Pages: 1 2