DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: 66 Coronet - correct tires?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - I am painting my original 66 Coronet Rims the color of my car (red) and will put dog dish caps on those rims. Does anyone have a suggestion for tires? I found that non-Hemi Coronet's came with Blackwalls and whitewalls. Hemi cars came with blue lines (possibly some coating that used to wash off?).

I would consider some nice Redlines if anyone may know if they are period correct? I also like the Goodyear Bias Polyglas white letter tires as they would add to the "sleeper" look of my car.

Any thoughts on which tires to put on and perhaps where to get them? I have looked at Coker, Classic Industries and others. The rims are 14's.

Thanks!
66 hemi cars came with blue streak tires, and no it did not wash off.
67 saw the introdution of the red lines. I think the red lines would be ideal for a 66 with red paint and red wheels.
just my two cents
Yup, red line tires on a red car with red wheels would be so NICE!
They also came with skinny whitewalls. 1" i believe. Check out some of the advertisements.
For some reason I believe blue streak was either for HP cars or Hemi cars.

I agree the red streak would look great on a red car. Go with blue only for origionality if preferred.
66, I belive was the only year for Blue Streak tires and they came ONLY on Hemi cars, yup, I'd go with the redlines!!
Red line tires here also.
I run RWL tires but i just love the way they look Smile
5" back space will get you 255's on the rear