DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: Mopars you've owned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Post Mopars you've owned over the years...

1985.. First one was a 1977 stepside D150 pickup.. 318/auto quick bugger. Ran great til I put a set of 360 heads and cam on it that my boss (in a automotive machine shop) recommended and snapped a valve after 50 miles. Guy refused to honor it, said the piston was fine despite the gouges in the top and "I'll sell you a new valve". So I sold it for $100

1999 Dodge Dakota Standard cab. Reportedly one of the last LA 318/5 speeds Dodge made. Only had it 6 months as even when babied it would only get 17mpg on the highway

2001 or so.. saw an ad for a 68 Roadrunner in paper. ran great, but floors and trunk were removed due to rust. Next to it was a fairly solid looking 66 Coronet 500. Had a 440 in it and a 727 out of a 71 R/T Challenger vert (yes Piper that trans could be worth a lot of money to someone). Drove it for awhile found rot on the trans crossmember, pulled carpets and found floors rotten. Fixed crossmember and floors, then found out rear rails and crossmember were holding on by a prayer. Dug more into it, needed 3 frame rails, 1 front shock mount, inner fenders and rear shock crossmember. Estimate just to fix that was more than car was worth, so stripped it for parts, made most of my money back and gave lot away.. It's now a front fender on a Hyundai built down south..

Bought a 67 out of NC, only rust on car was front floors and small patch in trunk. took drivetrain from 66, redid motor/trans and went high 11's in it. Motor took a dump with overheating, so put a 383 with EFI, converted to 4spd with Gear Vendors, added sway bars front and back and it's a blast to drive. Still have it 18yrs later. Needs a paint job but that's a major undertaking, I just want to drive...

2011 Dodge Ram 1500 standard cab long bed stripper. 5.7L motor, it was fun as hell to drive. Traded it in for a family car.

2014? Ram 1500 standard cab short box (first year of Ram brand, still had Dodge logos inside). V6 motor, good gas mileage. Got rid of it after someone rammed into back bumper and a week after replacing it someone did it again.

1973/4 Dodge D150 standard cab short box. Leaning tower of power and 4spd. Could never get it to run right (frigging lean burn) so gave it to a friend in NC, he needed a project to keep him occupied.

2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn Mega Cab short box. 5.7L motor, wrecked it 3 months after I bought it. Initial estimate was $7900, final total was over $28K. 7 months in body shop hell due to dealer not doing their job on the unobtainable steering rack. It's fast as hell and does a hell of a burnout...
Cool topic!

my first car bought in 1991 1970 coronet 440 318 auto 8.25 rear. B3 blue b7 interior black top. Did some body had it painted with a bumblebee stripe. Drove it for 5 years or so and built a 440 for itbut never put it in. Started having rust issues so I parked it and ended up selling it.

In 1992 a 74 ramcharger 318 auto 4x4. Drive that for 5 or so years and had bad rust issues so I sold it

In 1996 got a 69 imperial 440 auto did some body work and painted it black and white like a cop car. Had lots of fun with it. Pulled the drive train(still have it) and sold the body

1998 bought an 87 Dakota 4x4 3.9 auto. Drove it for 5 years and sold it.

In 2000 bought a 65 coronet 318 poly 3 on the tree 8.75. Put a 440(the one I built for the 70 coronet)4 speed Dana 60 in it and still have it.

2003 bought a new Dakota 3.9 5 speed. Had it for 10 years and sold it.

2003 bought 71 4 door dart /6 auto. Completely stripped and built it over, 400 auto 8.75 rear, mini tubbed, fiberglass bumpers ect. Finished it in 2006 still have it

2006 bought a 1947 desoto, completely stripped it, added Dakota front clip and lots of custom fabrication. Put a 318 4 speed 8.75 rear. I pulled the motor out this spring and am really close to putting the 408 stroker in

2006 had a 69 valiant given to me total rust bucket /6 auto. Fixed everything new paint ect. Built it for my step son, still have it.

2013 bought a 2008 Dakota 3.7 auto 4x4 daily driver. Still have it, it just about to turn 100,000 miles. Runs great, no problems
Having met both Jeff and Andy at their garages, they are truly twins from a different mother from the way they make stuff just work..
My first Mopar: 1970 Road Runner 383 auto, Triple green(drove me nuts) very rough but fun all year round driver for Colorado. $400

Then a : 1968 Charger 318 auto beautiful near mint condition B5 with black top blue interior. I wanted to drive all the states right out of high school by myself and this car impressed. One flat tire and a coil wire failure. $500

Then: 1967 Coronet 500 383 auto, gold black top gold interior. The car that sold me on Coronets , I love everything about them. The engine blew and I really cannot remember what I did with it. I remember seeing an Dodge ad in a old magazine for a red `67 R/T and fell in love, so I decided that is what I will find someday. $200

Then I found Max , pretty rough but right color right trans, just right everything. $1,350

Then there were allot of just buy and sell cars because they were all over to play with back then.
: `67 New Yorker $350
:`68 Hemi Road Runner then 383 powered $100
:`70 Hemi Challenger all original getting worn out but fun. In college at the time so not a good commuter car. Paid $5,000 for it so that was a record purchase price for me.
: I built a `73 Challenger out of two wrecked ones just for fun. $ dunno

:Then I wanted to build a truck since I have never had one so I built Tank starting with just a bare frame because it only $100 and it went from there.

: Then 1958 Power Wagon AL kind of fell in my lap because I just loved the way it looked. Powered by a 392 Hemi and I drive it all the time to this day.$3000

Those are the ones I remember anyway.

Good times for sure.
67r/t4speeder Wrote:Those are the ones I remember anyway.

Good times for sure.

Yea, they say the memory is the first thin to go...
BTW you forgot the yellow wagon
Ooops don't tell Lauri
And my 61 Imperial 2 door
1964 Dodge 330 2-door sedan 383 4-spd
1966 Dodge Coronet 440 361 auto , A/C - still own it - "the Flying Brick"
1970 Chrysler Newport 4-door hard top, 383 auto, power windows, power seat, AM/FM w/rear speaker, remote trunk release, tilt telescopic wheel, turning lights, 323 sure grip A/C
1968 dodge Dart 2-door
1972 Dodge dart 2-door
1976 Ramcharger 318 auto - yuk
1979 Dodge PU 1/2 top short bed Pre-Runner, caged, triple shocks in front, doubles in back. mild 360 /auto
1966 Dodge Coronet 440 convertible. 383 4bbl / auto - 1 0f 134 built
1990 Dodge D150 LE PU, 360 4-speed
2006 Dodge Magnum 3.6L - driven 275K miles
2000 Ram 2500 360/auto
1963 Chrysler Newport
Part 1:
The Mopars I've owned over the years include the following.

Richard

(01) 1970 Dodge Challenger SE, Dark Green Metallic, Green vinyl top, green interior, 383 Magnum, automatic transmission, power steering and brakes, factory a/c (no pictures)

(02) 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T race car project, bought as a roller without an engine or transmission, faded Light Green Metallic, originally a 440, 4 speed car. Pictures taken the day my brother-in-law and I bought it. Never did anything with it and we sold it soon after we bought the 70 Cuda shown below.

[Image: 1967CoronetRT2.jpg]

[Image: 1967CoronetRT1.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]

[Image: 1967CoronetRiT5.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]

(03) 1970 Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack, originally painted in Eggshell White with a Green interior but without writing a novel about how this car ended up as it was when my brother-in-law and I bought it in 1980 I'll just mention that it no longer had any of it's original sheet metal except for the roof and quarter panels and it also no longer had it's original dashboard assembly so we had no idea at the time that it was an original 440 Six Pack car with a factory installed Hemi 4 speed transmission. When we bought the car it had a 1966 426 Hemi engine and the original Hemi 4 speed transmission and the original Dana 60 rear axle assembly with 3.54 gears and a Sure-Grip unit. It had a fiberglass Six Pack hood, fiberglass front fenders, fiberglass doors and a fiberglass deck lid. The missing original dashboard assembly had been replaced with a one piece fiberglass Sox & Martin dashboard shell. The car had been painted in Gloss Black with custom Gold stripes and had a stripped down Black race car interior. Before my brother-in-law and I tore it down to rebuild it into a non street legal 10 second race car it ran low 11 second quarter mile times and would easily pull the front end off the ground when launching the car off the starting line at the drag strip or um...on the street! LOL! (there is some poor guy who owned a 1968 Ford Mustang fastback back in the early 80's who to this day regrets taking the Cuda on at a stop light!) We still own this Cuda but it was never finished and currently sits in my brother-in-laws garage. My wife and I refer to it as "The Money Pit".......Sad

As it looked after we bought a set of steel doors and had installed a brand new narrowed Mark Williams Dana 60 with 5.13 gears and a spool unit and the Mopar Super Stock leaf springs had been moved inboard. Wheels are Weld Draglites, 15x4 in the front and 15x14 in the rear. Aluminum wheel tubs had also been installed around this time

[Image: 1970Cudawithsteeldoorsandorigina-1.jpg?w...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970Cuda-Dana60andtwoHolleybluefuel.jpg?...fit=bounds]

As the car looked in the 90's. We bought and installed an NHRA legal (at that time) roll cage and the car had been primered after reworking the rear wheel wells for the large rear slicks. The 426 Hemi had been pulled and in it's place I had a 13.5 to 1 compression 440 professionally built for the car. The original factory Hemi 4 speed transmission had also been pulled and in it's place a heavy duty full manual automatic transmission with a reverse shift pattern was installed. At this point in time all that was needed to fire the car up was to rewire the complete car but that never happened so that 440 has never been started to this day. Sad

[Image: 1969440for1970Cudaracecar2.jpg?width=192...fit=bounds]

[Image: My1970Cudaracecar-passengersideshowingro...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970CudarollcageandsoxMartindash-fr.jpg?...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970Cuda-with440inthe80s.jpg?width=1920&...fit=bounds]

These pictures are around the same time and show the one piece fiberglass front clip we had purchased that turned out to be more trouble that it was worth! Sad

[Image: 1970HemiCudaracecar-passengerfrontsidevi...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970Cudafrontview-2-2009.jpg?width=1920&...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970Cudarear-2-2009.jpg?width=1920&heigh...fit=bounds]
Part 2:
The Mopars I've owned over the years include the following.

Richard

(01) 1974 Dodge D100, single cab, short bed pickup. I only mention this truck with my Mopar muscle cars because it was a factory 440 powered truck and could light up the rear tires at any time! It was painted in a medium Tan with a Brown interior and had power steering and brakes and factory a/c. Did some VERY smokey burnouts with that truck! LOL! The only picture I have of this truck after my computer crashed a couple of years ago shows it parked behind my 1966 Coronet 500 before the Coronet was restored.

[Image: 1966Coronet500-19891.jpg?width=1920&heig...fit=bounds]

(02) 1970 Dodge Charger R/T, Dark Burnt Orange, Black vinyl top, White interior. When I bought the Charger it was powered by a tired 383 but still had the cars original automatic transmission and the original 8.75 rear axle assembly which had a 3.23 gear ratio and a Sure Grip unit. It also came with power steering and brakes, factory a/c and of course all of the options included with the R/T package. I completely restored the front suspension, upgraded to a new 8.75 center section with 3.91 gears and a fresh Sure Grip unit. I also COMPLETELY restored the interior as well as the engine compartment including some badly damaged inner fender sheet metal as shown in the pictures below. The only thing that I didn't do before selling the car in 1988 was to re-shoot the exterior sheet metal in the FK5 Dark Burnt Orange and replace the front grille assembly. I had found a brand new nos front grille assembly still in the factory box but sold the car before installing the new grille. Ended up selling that nos grille at the Spring Fling car show and swap meet in California a few years later for a HUGE profit! LOL!

These pictures show what the Charger looked like when I bought it. This car originally came with the more rare thin pin stripe package (White on this car) which ran on the top and bottom of the quarter panels, doors and wrapped around the R/T only door scoops rather than the more popular rear Bumble Bee Stripe package. These White pin stripes had been removed by a previous owner but when I started restoring the car and researching it's original opinions I found this out and I also found a small amount of the pin stripes on the inner door sheet metal when I restored the interior.

[Image: 1970ChargerRiT-beforeanyrestorat-1.jpg?w...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970ChargerRiT-beforeanyrestorat-2.jpg?w...fit=bounds]

Pictures showing before and after pictures of the engine compartment and the damaged inner fender sheet metal I fixed rather than replacing...a LOT of time and effort spent there!

[Image: 1970ChargerRiT-enginecompartmentbef.jpg?...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970ChargerRiT-enginecompartment-2.jpg?w...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970ChargerRiT-enginecompartment-3.jpg?w...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970ChargerRiT-enginecompartmentdur.jpg?...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970ChargerRiT-enginecompartment-4.jpg?w...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970ChargerRiT-enginecompartment-1.jpg?w...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970ChargerRiT-enginecompartmentaft.jpg?...fit=bounds]

And as the Charger looked when I sold it with it's 15x7 Rallye wheels.

[Image: 1970ChargerRiT-carshow1.jpg?width=1920&h...fit=bounds]

[Image: 1970ChargerRiT-carshow2.jpg?width=1920&h...fit=bounds]
Pages: 1 2