DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: Door Panels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys - I have been searching high and low but cannot seem to find anyone that sells carpeted door panels WITH the chrome. The only version I have been able to find with chrome are the all vinyl. I am looking for Vinyl top (white) and black carpet (low).
I have shopped Legendary, classic industries, ebay and a few others.
Does anyone know of a MNF that sells what i am looking for? Or anyone have extra chrome that they would like to sell? - 2 door 500. Please?

Here is a picture of exactly what I am looking for.
You'll probably have to scour junk yards or Carlilse for those.
Rich is correct The reason that nobody supplies the chrome trim on their 66 Coronet door panels, is because nobody is reproducing those door panel trim strips. If your originals are missing, you will have to find a used set on ebay, at one of the larger Mopar specific wrecking yards, or place a want ad for them on all of the Mopar web sites.

As far as the door panels go, I'd highly recommend purchasing a complete set of front and rear Pearl White with black carpet door panels from Legendary Auto Interiors like I did a few years ago. Very nice quality and I think that you will be very happy with them.

By the way, if your car has factory power windows, make sure that you mention that to whoever you order your door panels from so that they can include the correct hole locations for your power window switches. Wink

Richard

Legendary Auto Interiors, Ltd.
121 West Shore Blvd.
Newark, NY 14513

[B]Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8am-6pm
[/B]
Phone: (800) 363-8804
Fax: (800) 732-8874

66 CORONET 500 DOOR PANELS - PEARL WHITE
DO66CW00010202

• [Image: catalog]
    Door Panels
  • Year: 1966

• Make: Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth

• Style: Bucket Front Only

• UOM: PR

• Price: $302.00

66 CORONET 500 HARDTOP PANELS- PEARL WHITE
    DO66CW00040202
    • Door Panels
    • Year: 1966

• Make: Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth

• Style: Bucket Hardtop Rear Only

• UOM: PR

• Price: $173.00

Thanks for the feedback. I did call Legendary yesterday and confirmed two things:

1. The carpeted panels do not come with the chrome strips
2. The All Vinyl panels do have the chrome strips however they will not sell them to me separately. They also said that they are heat sealed on to the panels, not clipped in like the originals.

[h=3]6 CORONET 440 DOOR PANELS - PEARL WHITE
DO66CW00020202[/h]
    Click to Enlarge
  • Door Panels
  • Year:

• Make:
    Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth

• Style:
    Bench Front Only

• UOM:
    PR

• Price:
    $315.00

The panels I sold from my original all black color scheme were from Legendary as well. They were all black vinyl with carpet. Very nice quality.
    They are also very expensive. About $500 for a full set once you get them shipped.

Has anyone used TamRaz?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/66-Coronet-500-F...82&vxp=mtr

If they are heat sealed, they are probably plastic.
yes but I think the originals are also plastic? I have one of the 4 needed ( a rear quarter) which is still attached to the door panel. It doesn't look or feel like metal to me.

The upper chrome is definitely metal though.
Straying little off subject, but in regards to the upper chrome strip, not all are the same.

As me and theman440 found out, some of these strips slide over the door panel, while others are attached to the door itself. We never could find out a rhyme or reason why there is a difference to what vehicle got what. It just appears whatever was on the shelf at the time the car came down the line got it installed.
67440Dodge Wrote:Straying little off subject, but in regards to the upper chrome strip, not all are the same.

As me and theman440 found out, some of these strips slide over the door panel, while others are attached to the door itself. We never could find out a rhyme or reason why there is a difference to what vehicle got what. It just appears whatever was on the shelf at the time the car came down the line got it installed.

Also I've found them in chrome and stainless too.
I have a set of the stainless strips you need.
Really? The lowers or the uppers?
Pages: 1 2