DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: This is Richard's fault!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Richard replied to one of my posts with pictures of this car.... With a color scheme that was much better than what I was planning for my Net.
My original color was a black interior with a solid light blue exterior. This Blue with White top/interior was too good to pass up!

As a result I have sold my brand new (black) door panels and head liner. Also I have purchased white bucket seat frames. I am still shopping for white door panels but that is another post.

Ill get to the point.. Because of the color change I am left scratching my head..
As I am shopping for a new interior I am noticing that the door panels are Pearl White, the seat covers (ebay) are also Pearl white.
I need some opinions.
Does the interior of this car look PEARL white to you or just WHITE. Same question for the exterior.
To me it looks White on the outside and Pearl on the inside. And if it is pearl white, what about the headliner (which I only see for sale in white)

First and foremost.......BEAUTIFUL CORONET ALERT!!!!!!!!!!! I'll go out on a limb and say peral white. Looks the same white as my old '67 GTX had. Man oh man...that is a gorgeous machine.
Stamm, that looks awsome. Check with legendary on the color of the headliner.
To be clear - this is NOT my coronet. This is the pictures that Richard posted - which hooked me immediately on the color scheme.
That said, MY net is at the body shop - 90% ready and should be painted within the next few weeks. I am hoping it looks HALF as nice as this one when its done!

The more I look at this the more I am convinced its Pearl on the inside and plain white on the outside. Maybe its the pics, or my old eyes. I will call Legendary and get their opinion on the headliner. I did not think of that. Appreciate the tip.
The seats and arm rests in the pictures look White to me, but the door panels look Pearl White. Our '68 Legendary seats and panels were Pearl White, the factory color. I believe the '67 color was Pearl White from the factory, as well.
Histoy Wrote:The seats and arm rests in the pictures look White to me, but the door panels look Pearl White. Our '68 Legendary seats and panels were Pearl White, the factory color. I believe the '67 color was Pearl White from the factory, as well.
Yup, seats and door panels should be Pearl White for 67, my armrests, I repainted with myrhide quite a few years ago, I don't know if those were Pearl White or not!!
Note to self......STOP posting pictures of cool 1966 and 1967 Coronets!!!

Second note to self......HECK NO, disregard first note to self!!! Rofl

[Image: 1966Coronet500-bluewhite4.jpg]

[Image: 1966Coronet500-bluewhite5.jpg]

[Image: 1966Coronet500-bluewhite11.jpg]

[Image: 1966Coronet500-bluewhite13.jpg]

Before anyone asks, yes, I do have a few more similar pictures of this Coronet if anybody wants to see them and no, I do not have any engine pictures, or information regarding paint color specifications, options, where it's located etc. I've had these pictures for awhile now and I just don't remember where they came from.

As far as what parts of the 1966, or 1967 Coronet Pearl White interiors were actually Pearl White, I can say that after quite a few years of looking into this color interior option, because I'm also going with the Pearl White and Black color combination on my own 1966 Coronet 500, here's what I've seen.

Parts That Are Always Pearl White

(1) Seat covers, front and rear, bucket or bench seat option.
(2) Door panels, front and rear, bucket or bench seat option.
(3) Rear vinyl covered metal bucket seat panels and both lower left and right side bucket seat vinyl covered metal trim covers.

Parts That Are Always Regular White

(1) Armrest pads

Parts Than Can Be Either Black Or Regular White

(1) Interior front door and rear quarter window inner sheet metal. I've seen this sheet metal painted both black, or regular white.
(2a) Headliner. If the inner front door and rear quarter window sheet metal is painted regular white, then the headliner is usually also regular white.
(2b) Headliner. If the inner front door and rear quarter window sheet metal is painted black, then the headliner is also black.
(3a) Sun visors. If the inner front door and rear quarter window sheet metal is painted regular white, then the sun visors are usually also regular white.
(3b) Sun visors. If the inner front door and rear quarter window sheet metal is painted black, then the sun visors are usually Black also.

Parts That Are Always Black

(1) Dashboard metal shell.
(2) Dash pad.
(3) Bucket seat, or bench seat frames.
(4) Floor carpets.
(5) Carpeting on lower sections of bucket seat back panels.
(6) Door panel carpeting if so equipped. This carpeting is located on the lower sections of the front and rear door panels.
(7) Floor console if so equipped.
(8) Steering column assembly.
(9) Steering wheel if equipped with the two spoke plastic steering wheel.
(10) Rear package shelf cover board

I can also post some pictures of the 66 and 67 Coronet interiors with the variations in Pearl White and Black if needed.

One last thought here and that is that I've talked with a couple of folks at Legendary Auto Interiors over the past few years and if someone would like to have a headliner done in Pearl white, it could be done, but it would not be factory correct. From the factory, the only interior parts that were actually Pearl White were the seat covers and door panels.

Richard
Richard - You are a Coronet Encyclopedia! Thank you for all the extremely detailed information you provide to us on this site!

Question on the above information.

1. Parts that are always black include the bucket seat frames, yet I purchased a pair of white frames that were (or certainly look) original. Also the pictures of this car have white bucket seat frames. Would these be from a different model such as a Charger?

2. Based on your info, the sheet metal of the inner door should be white. The armrest is also white and the door panel Pearl white. Do you have pictures you can post for samples? My concern is that the white, off white will not look good and I would like to get a few good examples before I pull the trigger on this paint scheme. The body shop is pushing me to pick my paint but the multiple shades of white is making me a bit nervous.

Again thanks for your help and please don't post anymore really cool color schemes for a few weeks. I don't want to change my mind again! Smile
Yes he is!!WOW
stamm321 Wrote:Richard - You are a Coronet Encyclopedia! Thank you for all the extremely detailed information you provide to us on this site!

Question on the above information.

1. Parts that are always black include the bucket seat frames, yet I purchased a pair of white frames that were (or certainly look) original. Also the pictures of this car have white bucket seat frames. Would these be from a different model such as a Charger?

2. Based on your info, the sheet metal of the inner door should be white. The armrest is also white and the door panel Pearl white. Do you have pictures you can post for samples? My concern is that the white, off white will not look good and I would like to get a few good examples before I pull the trigger on this paint scheme. The body shop is pushing me to pick my paint but the multiple shades of white is making me a bit nervous.

Again thanks for your help and please don't post anymore really cool color schemes for a few weeks. I don't want to change my mind again! Smile

Encyclopedia Coronetica
Pages: 1 2 3