DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: Air Cleaner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, can someone please tell me what the air cleaner looked like on a 68 R/T? I've heard a few differing ideas, some pics would be good. Thanks
I assume we are talking about a 440. The 440 had an unsilenced air cleaner. This means no snorkel and the top was larger the bottom pan, leaving a space going 360 degrees around the air filter. On cleaners with a snorkel, the top mated to the bottom leavind the only air passage through the snorkel(s). The unsilenced air cleaner let plenty of air free flowing to the carb, and lots of good sounds coming from the carb. The pie pan on top should be mostly red and say 440 Magnum on it. In the picture it is the motor on the upper right. The 340 in the lower left shows the same air cleaner, only with a different pie pan on top.
here is a pic from my junk collection of 2 unsilenced air cleaners, 1 one w/ pie tin-

[Image: unsilenced001_zps46eaa799.jpg]
Thanks guys, good info.
I always like this link for reference

http://www.nicksgarage.com/aircleaner.htm
Great site. I really like the jack area also.
I always liked those unsilenced air cleaners, neat sound, when you punch it!!!!!!!