DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: Rear end gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for opinions on rear gear ratio.my 69 bee 383 auto with what I believe is a mild build has 3:23 in it now.looking for a little more low end for fun.would I notice a real difference going to 3:55?has the 489 case.i have a 742 case I am thinking of swapping to the 3:55.thanks for opinions,David.
Are you planning on any freeway travels anymore? What tire size are you running?
Maybe buildling another case so you can save those3.23s its a great automatic gear set is a good idea
Thanks for the reply.i am running 245 60 15 tires.i run on hi way once in a while.no racing.the car just seems to have no end to the high end and not quite the low end I would like.whatever I do I will keep the 3:23 handy.my extra case has them as well.just looking for a little more stop light fun.
If you get annother whole chuck, then you can go back easy if you don't like them. Personally, I'd stay with 3:23s.
That calculator is cool.Its pretty well on to what my car runs.