DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: Windshield Molding Clips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone replace their windshield and rear window molding clips? If so, is there a certain type for different areas? Mine look like rounded ones are used on the windshield but squared ones on the rear.
The reason I ask is that I just purchased this and it looks like their may be a 3rd type. Is there a instruction sheet somewhere?

[Image: %24(KGrHqJ,!igFC2Sz,jymBQzjqdF+8!~~60_3.JPG]
Sorry for the late reply but maybe you are still scratching your head about the clips. When i got mine for my 70 they were separated and labeled. Lucky me. But my scamp had three different types like your saying. If you havent already gotten your answer i would post on some other sites or call R/T specialties. If you want the challenge then count the clips and put them into piles. Then count the holes in the car. The sides take less clips and are probably different from the top and bottoms. Front and rears are probably different too. The clip should stand on the body and be flush or stick slightly above the body. Good luck. I hope this helps.
6packMIKE Wrote:Sorry for the late reply but maybe you are still scratching your head about the clips. When i got mine for my 70 they were separated and labeled. Lucky me. But my scamp had three different types like your saying. If you havent already gotten your answer i would post on some other sites or call R/T specialties. If you want the challenge then count the clips and put them into piles. Then count the holes in the car. The sides take less clips and are probably different from the top and bottoms. Front and rears are probably different too. The clip should stand on the body and be flush or stick slightly above the body. Good luck. I hope this helps.

Thanks Mike
Since I posted that the clips came in. A few things to note:

1. The "48" Piece set had 38 screws and 10 clips..... a poor start
2. All of the clips were the same in the packet.
3. The body shop has already removed all of the clips. I have no idea where they put them.

so I am going to have to dig into this little problem more than I wanted to. Maybe Ill start with the "flush to the body" test first and see where I'm at.

Of course, the body shop wants me to do my final selection for paint color now and that sounds a hell of a lot more interesting than counting clips Smile
Follow up:
After 3 different purchases from ebay'ers that are less informed about what they are selling than my 2yr old son, I finally located a seller that offered the entire kit for a windshield install and was kind enough to include the placement instructions. Its a small thing, but I certainly dont want to have to fuss with these after I have the windshield re-installed and the car is freshly painted. They need to be correct the first time.

[Image: DSC_4431_zps66b9ca45.jpg]