DodgeCoronet.com

Full Version: 1970 coronet r/t hood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm too old to be embarrassed anymore so here it goes. Son bought the car to rebuild it back to original as much as possible. Currently the hood on the car just a plain flat hood. From what I understand the r/t's came with the power bulge hood as standard equipment??? Could the car be ordered new with a standard flat hood??? It also seems that no one is making a reproduction hood for a 70 coronet, anyone know of any sources for one.
Thanks in advance for any help for this "rookie":o
Larry
70R/T Wrote:I'm too old to be embarrassed anymore so here it goes. Son bought the car to rebuild it back to original as much as possible. Currently the hood on the car just a plain flat hood. From what I understand the r/t's came with the power bulge hood as standard equipment??? Could the car be ordered new with a standard flat hood??? It also seems that no one is making a reproduction hood for a 70 coronet, anyone know of any sources for one.
Thanks in advance for any help for this "rookie":o
Larry

Welcome.

Yes, the power bulge hood was standard with the Ramcharger hood optional. No flat hoods on an R/T.
Welcome to the site Larry... no need to be embarassed about asking a question here, what may seem like a simple or silly question to you is a "damn, I never knew that" question to someone else..

As for sources for a replacement hood, your best bet is Craigslist, Ebay, here and other Mopar sites, and the swap meets.
Glad to have you here!! I'm 68 and I still get a lot of info here from the guys!!
69Coronetrt Wrote:Welcome.

Yes, the power bulge hood was standard with the Ramcharger hood optional. No flat hoods on an R/T.

Could you tell me if the 1970 was a one year only or if it is the same as some other year Dodge or Plymouth hood?
thanks, again
larry